Rémy Cointreau strengthens its organization and Executive Committee
1 April 2022
Rémy Cointreau is pleased to announce that it is changing the structure of its Executive Committee to improve efficiency and agility in a context of rapidly changing consumer trends.
Since the announcement of its strategic plan in June 2020, the Group has made significant progress in the implementation of its strategic levers. Building on this progress, Rémy Cointreau is expanding its Executive Committee with the creation of a Chief Transformation Officer and a Group Communications unit. These organizational changes are in line with the measures implemented over the last two years.
The new Executive Committee will be composed of 6 executives with operational responsibilities (Markets and Brands) and 5 executives with cross-functional responsibilities, headed by Eric Vallat, CEO of the Group. These changes will be fully effective from 1st September.
Executive Committee members with operational responsibility
• Nicolas Beckers, previously CEO for China, is appointed CEO for the Americas region.
• Sophie Phe joins the Executive Committee as CEO for China1. Based in Shanghai since 2016, she was responsible for Louis XIII and Rémy Martin in China.
• Ian McLernon, previously CEO for the Americas region, has been appointed CEO of the EMEA region and will also be responsible for North and South Asia Pacific and Travel Retail.
• Jean-Philippe Hecquet, Elisabeth Tona and Simon Coughlin continue in their respective roles as CEO of Cognac, Liqueurs & Spirits and Whisky.
Executive Committee members with cross-functional responsibility
• Luca Marotta, Marc-Henri Bernard and Patrick Marchand also continue in their respective roles as Chief Financial Officer, Human Resources and Operations Directors.
• Claire Brugnago joins the Executive Committee as Chief Transformation Officer and will oversee all cross-functional projects that are essential to the transformation of the Group. In this capacity, she will complete the Commercial Excellence project and take responsibility for the Digital & CRM division.
• Carina Alfonso Martin will join the Group in May within the Executive Committee as Director of Group Communications. Her mission will be to bring the Group’s values to life and promote them throughout the world. With more than 20 years of experience in strategic communications, Carina has held the positions of Press Adviser in the office of the President of the Republic, Head of Corporate Communications at Pernod Ricard, Director of External Communications at Accor and recently joined the communications strategy consultancy No Com.